The 2016 Olympic Games are officially over. Rio’s competing athletes weren’t the only ones hoping for a spot on the podium - the Games’ official sponsors were also out for glory.
The 12 Olympic partners campaigned with varying levels of intensity on social media, but which sponsors were getting the most mentions?
Visibrain compared the number of times each brand was mentioned along with the #Rio2016 hashtag between August 5th and August 21st.
Here are the sponsors that were taking away the most mentions for #Rio2016:
- Coca Cola takes the gold with 14 555 mentions
- Visa gets silver with 7 456 mentions
- McDonald’s grabs bronze 6 394 mentions
- P&G is just behind with 6 156 mentions
- Atos comes in fifth with 3 321 mentions
- Samsung - 1 938 mentions
- Omega - 1 128 mentions
- Toyota - 444 mentions
- Dow - 408 mentions
- Panasonic - 336 mentions
- Bridgestone - 283 mentions
- General Electric is the final runner-up with 211 mentions
Looking for more stats on #Rio2016?
Get in touch with us here, or subscribe to our newsletter: